VST State (and time) Saver
Here’s Max a tool to improve the workflow while working with VSTs in Max.
Connecting this piece of code to a vst~ object allows to :
- load the VST from an autopopulated drop-down menu list
- save the VST state directly within the main patch
How to use it
Because of the way Max handles saves, this can't be used as an abstraction, it must be copy/pasted in a subpatch
- After downloading it, move the patch into the folder "clippings" which path must be something like that : /max-root-folder/patches/clippings/ it will make it quickly available via a right-click > "Paste from"
- create a simple vst~ object
- create a subpatch, it will open automatically
- paste the patch content as described above
- connect the outlet of the subpatch to the left inlet of the vst~
- connect the inlet of the subpatch to the 4th outlet of the vst~
- select the vst in the dropdown menu list in the subpatch
- tweak the vst
- save the main patch and everything will be as you left it when you reopen it
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR REMARK?
Let's discuss this on twitter : @Err0r_500